Case Study: Ecommerce Launch
In August of 2017, an entrepreneur and successful business owner had a dream to start an e-commerce store supplying top of the line survival gear to consumers worldwide for disaster preparation.
In August of 2017, an entrepreneur and successful business owner had a dream to start an e-commerce store supplying top of the line survival gear to consumers worldwide for disaster preparation. With the world experiencing more severe weather and disasters at
The first step sourcing the best products in the industry, and mapping out a pre-launch strategy to get emails and recognition for the launch. This plan included finding a popular survival specialist or expert to assist with the launch. Jones connected with Mykel Hawke, star of Man, Woman, Wild on the Discovery Channel to be interviewed by Cloud Potential for a first blog article and partner to promote the website on Hawke’s professional pages as well as SGS promoting his upcoming appearances on ABCs The Bachelor and History Channel’s The Frontiersmen. The project consisted of the following strategic moves to create a successful launch.
- Build out a social media pre-launch plan with Mykel Hawke and a splash page to connect users with a form to subscribe
- While building out the pre-launch, sourcing the best manufacturers of survival products in the country.
- Build out post-launch strategy and test site engaging with Cloud Potential teams and other partners for content, development, and PPC advertising.
- Test site to go live in December 2017.
- Refine site and build out final Shopify site to go live in January 2018.
- Refine marketing and email campaigns from analytics and customer data from test site for full marketing launch in January 2018.
- Optimize website for SEO and conversion.
- Develop out an aggressive email marketing campaign with complete automation
- Month 1: $35K in sales
- Month 2: $49K in sales
- Month 3: hit $100K in sales in week 10 of launch
- SEO: During this period $11,000 of sales came from organic searches
- Email: Email campaigns with a 100% opt-in list boasts a 23% conversion rate, 526 automation initiated in the first month of launch
- Status: The website was in the top 2% of all Shopify stores launched the same week and is maintaining this status
Desiree is a veritable genius at marketing and conversion who has made quite a bit of money for several companies in executive management positions. She spends a portion of her time helping Cloud Potential with its campaigns.
Having Desiree help you is a little bit like clinging desperately to the wing of a soaring jetliner. She will make your goals happen, with or without you. Full steam ahead.
SafeandVaultStore.com was one of the first online stores to sell and ship directly to consumers large safes, such as gun and rifle safes, floor safes, and wall safes. The store also sold safes to businesses and large hotel chains. Being a B2C and B2B online store, and the freight requirements for large safes made the business a bit more complex
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or test your website.